Sunday, October 01, 2006

HYSTA conference 2006
I was very impressed by HYSTA conference 2005 and got to know many great people. This year's conference is even better. I met with old friends and even more important, I knew many new friends as well. HYSTA is very successful at fund raising in the last one year so that this conference could offer many "promotion ticket"(I got a great dinner for free, ya, really good beaf). I think the kudos should go to Jin Yi, who was my old friend at MIT and was the president of the largest engineer entrepreneur club at MIT campus. Now he is director of HYSTA public relationship.
Below are several differences I observed from last year:
  • speakers of course are higher profile;
  • more audiance from outside of Silicon Valley, LA, middle east, and China;
  • more audiance currently have day jobs in China and frequently visit here;
  • ya, a lot more lawyers, especially more M&A lawyers
  • I personally saw a lot more new faces, many of them have been in Silicon Valley for few months or years ; perhaps all the old faces have gone back China?!
  • except engineers, I met people from difference background, even an hollywood actor!
Except HYSTA, I also recommend another two great organizations: SDForum and techdir greenhouse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home