Thursday, November 09, 2006

automatically tagging photos


I read article from Technology Review about a new software helping people tagging pictures automatically rather than like Flickr, human must tag by themselves. It's cool. Left is my test result.
People have read my blog before could recognize this picture. Those are USB devices. Ok, this might be too hard for the software since even people can not recognize it. But it turns out the software does give some interesting tags like man-made, people, art, and antique.
Wait a minute, are those words very common everywhere like people always say that we can link every word to sex. Isn't the beauty of human mind? Ok, my bad, even as a blogger, an anonymous blogger, I should stay away from sexual content. But my point is shared with the other CMU professor, who comments out that the testing set,Flickr photos, which ALIPR used, are mostly likely sharing common things. They are mostly related to people. He says. "So just using the word 'people' already tags a large percentage of the images correctly." I personally think his comment is very harsh to two students behind ALIPR. And, he says the research is a "step in the right direction".
I really can't agree both of his points. I stand with the inventor of tagging, Joshua Schachter, who deliberately avoided imposing any rules about how people could use tags. He knew it wouldn't work: "If I went in there and said, Hey, you're using that tag wrong, people would just tell me to fuck off,"
I would tag using any word I want, but this software still can help.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all Nice page makedifferences.blogspot.com! Thank you!
hydrocodone
http://www11.asphost4free.com/tramadolrx/Tramadol.html tramadol tramadol

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home