Wednesday, March 21, 2007

why haven't I been blogging?

because I have not been able to login my account in the past month. Obviously when Google was trying to migrate the Blogger account to Google account, there were some issues. But it has been giving me a hard time to figure out what was my password because Blogger blamed me the wrong password. I could not use the "forget the password" link because it directed me to the Q&A page. To submit a Q&A, it requires me to login. WTF!
Yesterday I tried again using the same password, it went through. So summarized below:
1) Google is better at hiding information than Yahoo because Yahoo's migration of Flickr account used a forceful method that irritate a lot of people. Although Google has no better way to do it, it blames the customer's memory and has no way for you to complain. Maybe, they already know a lot of customer will complain if the Q&A loop was not a mistake.

2) Single Sign On (SSO) is very hard to implement. I know it because I am working on it.

3) Password is bad. Don't need to explain. Everybody understands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home