Thursday, May 03, 2007

notes from zero2ipo conference

I recently went Zero2IPO Silicon Valley Capital Forum. It's my first time attending their event. Zero2IPO is a professional conference organizer, which means it makes money from organizing conference and selling market reports. Here are my observations:
Venture capital industry is a small circle. There were 500 attendees in this conference. Most people know each other quite well. I guess this conference is the place for them to catch up with each other. One lawyer sitting beside me told me that if it's funny that he haven't seen his neighbor for a long time since both of them travel a lot, but they met at this conference;
Since it's a "zero2ipo" conference, from my personal sample, 1/3 are lawyers, 1/3 are M&A bankers, 1/5 are enterpreneur, 1/5 are venture capitalists. 1/10 are speakers; 1/10 are journalists;
One takeaway from the panelist talk is that it's said that Chinese entrepreneur is mostly financial driven comparing with American entrepreneur. I guess VCs will like that. Am I right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home